The song’s called Chocolate Rain. It’s by this guy named Tay Zonday. He sounds like James Earl Jones. I really don’t have words. There’s some strange stuff on the interweb, but props for creativity, Tay. Check it out below.
It’s Valentine’s Day. I’ve never liked it, and I don’t know that I ever will. It’s just another one of those “Hallmark Holidays” if you ask me (I know, there are far worse holidays that I think actually were invented by the card company, including such ridiculous things as Boss’s Day, Sister Day, Brother Day, etc.), where Hallmark banks on selling a lot of cards (I think FTD, the floral people, are in on the scheme, too), making single people feel inadequate, and complicating relationships because it brings a certain level of expectation that a guy or girl should do something for the big day. For example, whether to go out for a nice dinner or get flowers, etc. This is even more sticky of a situation for people in those situations where you’re sort of dating, sort of not, and you have no idea what is expected. I’ve been there and done that, believe me. It sucks. Let’s move on to February 15th, please.
Singles Awareness Day ((SAD)… how do you like that acronym, huh?) is what I like to call today, and why not let it be a real holiday? There are plenty of other really stupid holidays floating around aimlessly on our national calendar. (In case you were wondering, it’s National Pet Dental Health Month, for example… come on, seriously?) Here are just a few more holidays I looked up that fall in the month of February, just for laughs:
- Dump Your Significant Jerk Day
- Laugh And Get Rich Day (huh? If this were true, I’d be a multi-billionaire as much as I laugh)
- Pro Sports Wives Day (oh come on)
- Get A Different Name Day (how about “Find Something Else To Give Its Own Day T0” Day)
- Ferris Wheel Day (why?)
- Introduce A Girl To Engineering Day (so random)
- National Tooth Fairy Day (seriously?)
- International Pancake Day (I actually participated in this at IHOP on Tuesday… free pancakes!)
- Clam Chowder Day (hmm ok)
Get real, people. (Oh, and Happy Singles Awareness Day!)